- The assembly cell is developed to enable to produce multiple types and small amount of products corresponding to the needs from multiple generations of customers. (Image 1)
- This system realizes the full-automatic assembly of the product consisting more than 10 kinds of parts.
- The following 3 technologies are characteristics of this system.
<Characteristics of technology>
1. Workpiece circulating system
- Since the assembly cell is required to assemble multiple parts by one robot, the issue was to minimize the time of replacing robot hand to correspond to each part geometry.
- When the system can produce 1 lot (12 pcs) continuously, the time of replacing robot hand is reduced to the one 12th of original time.
- To realize above concept, “Workpiece circulating system” is developed. (Image 2)
2. High stiffness robot with four link arms (TETRAM Robot)
- The assembly process of automobile parts requires high-load operations such as “screw tightening” or “press-fitting”.
- To prepare individual equipment for each of above operations requires huge amount of cost.
- This system is equipped with “High stiffness robot with four link arms” which can complete the high-load operations such as “screw tightening” or “press-fitting” with high precision. (Image 3)
3. Automatic mini warehouse with unequal pitch shelf
- To establish “Workpiece circulating system”, automatic warehouse is required to store and supply the parts in a short time.
- This system is equipped with the downsized automatic mini warehouse. (Image 4)
5th RSJ Technical Innovations Award in 2000.