2020年9月7-10日にチリのバルパライソで，10th IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning を開催いたします．
CALL FOR PAPERS:
10th IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning (ICDL)
7th-10th September 2020, Valparaiso, Chile
==== Important Dates ====
Submission deadline: 15th March 2020 -> New deadline: 12th April 2020
Author notification: 15th May 2020 -> moved to 31st of May 2020
Camera ready due: 1st July 2020
Conference: 7th-10th September 2020
==== Overview ====
The IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning (ICDL), previously referred to as ICDL-EpiRob, is the premier gathering of professionals dedicated to the advancement of cognitive and developmental learning. As such, ICDL is a unique conference gathering researchers from computer science, robotics, psychology and developmental studies.
ICDL is a highly selective annual international conference that aims to showcase and share the very best interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research on how humans and animals develop sensing, reasoning and actions.
ICDL community focusses on the understanding of how biological agents take advantage of interaction with social and physical environments to develop their cognitive capabilities. Moreover, how this knowledge can be used to improve future computing and robotic systems.
We invite submissions for the conference to explore, extend, and consolidate the interdisciplinary boundaries of this exciting research field.
==== Scope and Topics ====
The primary list of topics of interest includes, but not limited to:
- principles and theories of development and learning;
- development of skills in biological systems and robots;
- nature vs nurture, developmental stages;
- models on the contributions of interaction to learning;
- verbal, non-verbal and multi-modal interaction;
- models on active learning;
- architectures for lifelong learning;
- emergence of body and affordance perception;
- analysis and modelling of human motion and state;
- models for prediction, planning and problem solving;
- models of human-human and human-robot interaction;
- emergence of verbal and non-verbal communication;
- epistemological foundations and philosophical issues;
- robot prototyping of human and animal skills;
- ethics and trust in computational intelligence and robotics;
- social learning in humans, animals, and robots.
==== Submissions ====
Authors are invited to submit original and unpublished papers of six pages with the possibility of two-extra pages at a fee. Submissions are in the IEEE conference template. Submission will be selected for either oral or poster presentation based on the reviews. Accepted and presented regular six-page paper submissions will be included in the conference proceedings published by IEEE Xplore after the conference.
For more information about submissions, travel grants, social events, etc. visit the conference webpage under https://cdstc.gitlab.io/icdl-2020/
==== Organizing committee ====
General Chairs: Giulio Sandini, and Javier Ruiz-del-Solar
Program and Finance Chairs: Nicol?s Navarro-Guerrero, and Mar?a-Jos? Escobar
Best regards from the organizing committee,